At Home Care is committed to doing the right thing for our clients, their families/guardian and the disability community and fully supports the implementation of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
The Commission is a government body (independent of the National Disability Insurance Agency) which has been developed to improve the quality and safety of NDIS services and supports, investigate and resolve problems, and strengthen the skills and knowledge of providers and participants.
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission will launch in Western Australia from 1 December, 2020.
The aim of the NDIS Commission is to:
- Respond to concerns, complaints and reportable incidents, including abuse and neglect of NDIS participants
- Promote the NDIS principles of choice and control, and works to empower participants to exercise their rights to access quality services as informed, protected consumers
- Require NDIS providers to uphold participants' rights to be free from harm
- Register and regulate NDIS providers and oversees the new NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards
- Provides guidance and best practice information to NDIS providers on how to comply with their registration responsibilities
- Monitor compliance against the NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards, including undertaking investigations and taking enforcement action
- Monitor the use of restrictive practices within the NDIS with the aim of reducing and eliminating such practices
- Work in collaboration with the states and territories to design and implement nationally consistent NDIS worker screening
- Focus on education, capacity building and development for people with disability, NDIS providers and workers
All service providers must register and meet the standards set out by the NDIS Commission. At Home Care is proactively reviewing all aspects of our service delivery to ensure we are fully compliant with the NDIS Practice Standards.
If you have any questions about the Commission or how At Home Care will uphold these Quality and Safeguards standards, please call the team on 9381 3344 and speak to our Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager.
For more information on the NDIS Commission, please visit www.ndiscommission.gov.au